Sunday 12 April 2015

Bright Watercolor

Hello!
Today's design is one of those I paint out of nothing, no plan. I thought I would paint a delicate pattern of some sort, but I ended up with abstract watercolour.


Keep reading to find out how I did this!

The Process:
The base is Rimmel 703 White Hot Love, my favourite white polish.
To get the watercolour effect I thinned the acrylic paint with a lot of water so it actually worked like watercolour. I used round brush with a bit of the paint and very lightly stroked my nails in different directions. To get the colour thicker for highlights I added a bit of the thick acrylic paint to my watercolour paint.


This technique has a lot of upsides, it isn't very time consuming and it's really easy to do with your non-dominant hand.
I'm not the best when it comes to watercolour on paper, but I really enjoy it on nails. It's great, give it a try yourself!
Bye bye!

2 comments:

  1. I have today on my nails a watercolor design too, but it looks not as good as your I may add :) Love the bright colors you used, they together are very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.